Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"I don't really think of Canada as being another country." "He's from Canada." "...oh..."

So, today was my day of adventuring. Well, sort of? I saw more of Fribourg, to say the least. Before going into work, I got Markus to show me how to get to the grocery store nearby (Migros), where I bought a croissant and some juice for breakfast. When I got to work, Sonya/Sonia (?) had made cake, so I had some of that instead and saved the baguette for lunch. Basically, my assignment for the day was to read an article and then I could leave. I didn't leave until 5:30. Somehow I have a hard time concentrating when I am reading something on my computer screen (this I already knew...I actually tried to print it, but my attempt at getting the printer to work for me failed). I also almost left, but then Sonya told me she'd drive me if I didn't leave for another hour (it was raining, so I agreed). SO, in order to remain productive, I wrote up my SAGES writing portfolio reflection paper thinger. It didn't turn out too badly, I don't think? I guess I'll find out. After that, I returned to the apartment, piddled around a bit more, and then met up with Gina to get my half-price train pass voucher thing and my month-long bus pass. That was a bit of an experience. I got to get my picture taken for the half-price pass. I should be getting a nifty card soon. After that, we went to the CO-OP for more food-shopping experience, and then Geena and I went to get pizza and beer at some relatively (per Switzerland standards) cheap place. Johann met up with us for a beer, and then we went to a bar for more beer (I only had one, cuz it was kinda gigantic).

As of now, my long weekend plans might include going to southern France with Gina and Johann. We'll see. We are supposed to plan it out tomorrow. There will also be sleeping and aimless wandering involved.

And now for pictures:
Entryway

My room (it's not too big)


Bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment