Monday, May 10, 2010

Heavily Jet-lagged

Per Eastern-Standard time, it is 9:30 am on 5/10 and I have been going since 7:15 am on 5/9. Since then, I celebrated mother's day with my parents at the Patachou in IND, flown to Atlanta, watched 2.5 episodes of Heroes while waiting for my next flight, paid $11 for a fruit and caesar salad combo thinger, flown to Zurich, watched two incredibly bad in-flight movies, felt sick/nasty/gross from eating in-flight food, swept through Swiss customs like it's my job, taken a train from Zurich to Fribourg, dragged my suitcases to Markus' apartment, eaten an incredibly delicious (yet also incredibly overpriced) lunch at some restaurant/bar/bakery in the old Fribourg train station, bussed about five minutes followed by a fifteen minute walk to my place of employment, met a bunch of people, returned to Markus' apartment via scooter (courtesy of my overseer Yoan "Scooter" Simon), uploaded photos, and now I'm writing this.

HOKAY, SO...I know that was a lot. I am having difficulty forming full English sentences at the moment. The combination of traveling/jet lag/end-of-semester sleep deprivation I am currently experiencing is not cool. To sum it up, I am writing this post from Fribourg, Switzerland. Overall, my travels were not that extraordinary. Nothing super special happened. The real exciting bits include: a. the guy at the terminal in IND with the really sweet tie; b. flying over Greenland in an effort to avoid the wrath of the Icelandic volcano ejadf;alsdkjf;laj; c. acting like a tourist on the train; d. talking to the really nice lady next to me on the flight from IND to ATL; e. riding on the scooter - I kind of really want one now (that or a motorcycle or something unsafe but fun); f. discovering that I essentially have a 4-day weekend this week.

And now it's time for what you have all been waiting for...PICTURES!


This is the view I get when I walk down the hill to the office

There are cows (this is also on my way down the hill). Apparently later in the summer they will have bells, too.


I took this while on the train to Fribourg. Yes, those white blurs you see in the fore-ground about halfway through are sheep or something.

That is all for now. I might update this post more later. Maybe I'll get my act together and go for a walk around town without getting lost...

2 comments:

  1. hey, I heard bride Wars was actually pretty good ;)

    you're in SWITZERLAND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I GOT A COMMENT! You have no idea how much that kinda made my morning.
    I wish I had the music Markus has on right now. It's odd. Like, really odd. Then I could share it.
    And way to be a turd. Fo' Serious.

    ReplyDelete